Tuesday, January 24, 2012

State of the Union

I just found out that the Obama2012 campaign is offering his (now famous) impromptu a cappella performance of Al Green's hit "Let's Stay Together" as a Smartphone/iPhone free ringtone! Cool!

Today also happens to be the evening of President Obama's State of the Union speech and I wanted to quote one very important statement he made: "We don't begrudge financial success in this country. We admire it. When Americans talk about folks like me paying my fair share of taxes, it's not because they envy the rich. It's because they understand that when I get tax breaks I don't need and the country can't afford, it either adds to the deficit, or somebody else has to make up the difference - like a senior on a fixed income; or a student trying to get through school; or a family trying to make ends meet. That's not right. Americans know it's not right."

So think about that next time Mitt Romney talks condescendingly to everyone about his wealth and/or the less than 14% tax rate he pays (as so aptly delineated by Jon Stewart)

No comments:

Post a Comment